eres nĂºmero de la suerte

Sunday, December 12, 2010

another day.

My man and I was having lunch at an affordable chicken rice restaurant last Friday. A little boy about 12-13 came to our table to clear leftovers from the table. Such a young age to work,to earn for a living, to survive for another day. I felt sorry for him, for such a young age he had to work. This wasn't the first time I felt sorry for kids at such age working hard for survival. Few years before, as I was walking to work I heard a snoring sound from underneath the staircase. when i peeped under it I could see 5 little kids hanging tight on together,cuddling each of themselves,sleeping on a box. I could do nothing but to feel sorry for them. When other kids are having a good time during their childhood time, some kids have to work so hard to eat,to survive. I know one kid,he is 15 and works at a restaurant where he could be the 'tukang masak',the butcher,the waiter and the cashier. Now i see him working at KFC here in 1borneo. I silently hoped that he would be someone when he grows up :)
But every kid has their own way to survive. some sells cigarette at the streets, some sell plastic bags, some steal,some beg for money. I even saw one kid taking a cigarette from the ash tray when i was having lunch with my co-worker. I felt sick from that moment, how disgusting I saw him picking up a cigar,a dirty one, i know. but, i hatred the kid for doing so. my man said, u cant trust all of these kids. you don't have to waste your time thinking and worried what would happen to them. Yes i know i cant trust all of them and feeling pity for them. sometimes if a kid comes to me asking me money, i could give not more than a ringgit. but I wouldn't know will they buy food with that or just cigars and bad things? I felt pity, but I felt hatred seeing them waste money just like that. Maybe not all of them are like that, but how many kids really are sincere begging money for food? how many kids pretend that they are dying but still buy drugs and cigar?

No comments:

Post a Comment